This link shows a pic of gibberish and the solution
While the link addresses version 10, I am still using version 9 and as long as you de-select the specific setting I am fairly certain your gibberish issue will go away on your version 11. I just bought a new laptop with Win10. The Edge browser exhibited these issues after I reinstalled my Acrobat 9. I've encountered this issue on multiple laptops with different OS and browsers. THE FIX IS AS FOLLOWS:
While Acrobat and OS differences might cause the steps to be slightly different ... de-selecting ONE print option will solve your problem:
- Basically go to your Devices and Printers
- Right Click the Adobe PDF printer
- Choose Printing Preferences
THIS IS THE STEP
- On the Adobe PDF Settings tab one of the selection boxes should say "Rely on system fonts only; do not use document fonts"
- DE-SELECT THIS OPTION and click OK / Save your change
- NOTE Sometimes I have to also THEN Right click the printer and choose Printer Properties, at the bottom of the General tab choose Preferences, then de-select the option ... or at least see the option is de-selectes and click OK / Save all the way until I'm out of the settings. Not certain if this is neccessary but sometimes my first print after changing this selection still has gibbersish ... or maybe I have to close the browser window/tab and then print form a new / refreshed page.
I think the idea is that using that option will enable your PDF files to be smaller. Of course, it does no good if your PDFs are messed up!